Moderation is an optional feature for grant managers to control which applications can proceed through to reviewing/assessment.
Important to know:
- It’s not mandatory to moderate applications.
- If you use moderation and want only approved applications to proceed to reviewing, there is a setting when configuring your reviewing panels to Only include moderation approved applications.
- Moderation status is not visible to applicants. The applicant will never know the moderation status applied to their applications.
All applications have one of three moderation statuses. By default, all applications are 'undecided'. As a grant Manager, you can reject or approve applications at any time, or revert them back to undecided.
What do the moderation statuses mean?
Rejected: the application will not go through to any reviewing round
Undecided: the submitted application will go through to reviewing, unless the reviewing panel is configured for approved applications only
Approved: the submitted applications will show during reviewing
How do I moderate an application?
To moderate an application, you have two options:
- From Manage applications, click on the application name
- Under Moderation, select a moderation status (Approved, Undecided or Rejected)
- From Manage applications, select the checkbox to the left of each application you want to moderate
- From the Action dropdown menu, at top of the page, select Approve, Undecide or Reject
You can moderate, tag and/or comment from the Preview of the application, too.
Panel configuration using moderation
When setting up a reviewing panel, there is a checkbox option in the Applications section of panel configuration to Only include moderation approved applications in this panel. By default, this checkbox is NOT selected. If you select this option, only submitted and approved applications will show to reviewers on this panel.
Who can moderate applications?
By default, grant Managers can moderate applications.
More specifically, when configuring roles, the "Applications (others) - View/Update" permissions are required to moderate.
For chapter administrators to moderate applications, there is an additional setting Allow chapter managers to moderate applications under Settings > Applications > General