There are four ways in which users can be added to a Good Grants program. You can:
- Allow self-registration
This is a good option if you don't have a predetermined list of users who will be participating. It also removes any risk of incorrect email addresses being added to the system due to human error.
Note: email verification is required to complete registration.
- Add users individually
Users can be added one at a time via Users by clicking New user. No verification is required in this case.
- Invite users
Multiple users can be invited to join the platform and complete their own registration.
- Import users in bulk
This is best suited when you have a large number of participants, whether they be applicants, reviewers, or any other role.
Self-registration for users is enabled by default on the homepage. To toggle this option off and on:
- Go to Settings > Users > Registration
- Under the 'Registration' heading, check or uncheck the Enable registration form on the home page option
Add users individually
- Go to Users
- Click New user
- Add the person's name, email address and a 12 character password, including upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols; see the Ultimate guide to user passwords for guidance
- Under Account roles, select Applicant or other desired role(s)
Once you have added the user(s) you can send an email with the password you chose. When they log in to Good Grants they can change their password by clicking on their name in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Profile.
- Go to Users
- Click Invite users
- Add the email addresses associated with the individuals you'd like to invite, separating them with a comma, new line, semi-colon, or colon
- Select the role(s) you would like for these users to have
- Compose an optional message to be included in the outgoing notification to these users
- Click Send invite
Once a user has been invited, they will appear with your Users list with the 'Invited' confirmation status. When the user accesses the system for the first time, they will be asked to supply their first name, last name, and a password in addition to any applicable user fields.
Import users in bulk
- Go to Users
- Click Import users button at the bottom of the page
- Download the import template spreadsheet (linked in the description text)
- Enter your user data following the spreadsheet template format
Important: do not leave any cell blank else the import will fail. When adding a phone number, you need to use the international format (Read more about it: List of country dialing codes) Eg. +44 785 111 111.
- Upload the import file (must be .xls or .xlsx)
- Select the role to apply to imported users
- Click Process
The import happens in the background. You’ll receive an email when the process is complete (usually within a minute or two), with a link confirming that the import was successful.