You may need to assign a certain number of reviewers to each application or assign each reviewer a certain number of applications, across categories. You can do this with Random assignments.
If you want to assign specific application to a particular reviewer, then use Manual assignments.
Creating random assignments
- Go to Reviewing > Assignments
- Click New random assignment
- Select the relevant score set and round. If you haven't created your reviewing round, go to Settings > Application > Rounds to do so
- In the Randomly assign box: add the number you want to assign, whether it's application per reviewer or reviewers per application. Select whether these assignments should be minus existing assignments or in addition to any existing assignments
- Search for the reviewer(s) and application(s) you want to pair You can search for a reviewer by typing the name and/or by role using the Advanced search. Similarly, you can search for an application by name, ID, status and category
- Click Create assignments
You have 80 applications and 10 reviewers to evaluate them.
1. Assign applications per reviewer:
This allows you to choose how many of your 80 applications will be assigned per reviewer. For example, your reviewers should evaluate only 5 applications each. You would assign 5 applications per reviewer to fill this requirement. Please note that this would only create 50 assignments (5 applications x 10 reviewers) whereas assigning all 80 applications to every reviewer would create 800 assignments. It's possible that not all applications will be covered using this method.
2. Reviewers per application:
The reviewers per application method lets you set a number of reviewers to evaluate each application. If you require each application to be reviewed by 5 reviewers, the system will pair 5 reviewers to each of your 80 applications. This creates 400 evenly distributed assignments (5 reviewers x 80 applications).
3. Minus existing assignments:
If you were to create a second batch of assignments giving your reviewers 10 applications minus existing assignments, the system would ensure that each reviewer had a maximum of 10 assignments. This would take into account the current assignments (say, 5 per reviewer) and add the necessary number of pairings to get them to 10.
4. In addition to any existing assignments.
Unlike the previous option, this will add assignments on top of those that already exist. Assigning 10 applications in addition to existing assignments, say 5 per reviewer, would result in 15 total assignments.
Delete random assignments
To delete an assignment:
- Go to Reviewing > Assignments
- Open the Advanced search and type the reviewer name
- Check the box next to the assignment and select Delete
The application will no longer appear in the reviewer's list of applications. If a reviewer has started or completed scoring, the assignment can no longer be deleted completely. Instead, it will be marked as "Stray".
The deleted (Stray) assignments will not be included in any reporting. This protects historical data as there was reviewing activity that took place within these assignments, in case you ever need to recover those scores in the future.
To recover scores, create another manual assignment with the same application and reviewer.