There are various set places throughout the Good Grants platform where text content can be placed to provide information for your users. We call these areas 'content blocks' as they are typically a block or box of content rather than a whole page. Some 'pages' in the system can display multiple content blocks.
With a new account, there is some default text content already placed in some content blocks. You are welcome to use or change this content as you need.
Create and edit content blocks
- In the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Content > Content blocks
- Click on New content block or click on an existing content block
- Under Content location, choose where you want the content to show; see: Content block locations
- Add a Title
- Edit the Content — it can be as long as you need.
Tip: you can use merge fields to customise some content blocks.
- Under Visibility toggle, choose the default state
- Click Save
To format content you can use markdown formatting. With markdown, besides basic formatting (bold, italic, lists, links, etc), images and videos can also be embedded in the content. HTML is not supported.
Role visibility options
When configuring your content blocks, you have the ability to select whether the Content block is visible to all roles or the Content block is visible to some roles. Depending on your selection, only certain users may see your content blocks.
If you select Content block is visible to some roles, a checkbox list will appear wherein you can select your desired roles.
- Role registration completed
- Role registration form
- Reviewer's confidentiality agreement
- Cookie notice
- Home page info box
- Login page
Some content blocks are in a box that can be toggled open/closed. The Visibility options can be set to:
- Open initially, then closed: on the first visit to the page the content block is on, the box is open. On subsequent visits, the box is closed.
- Open: the box is open by default on every visit to the page. Unless the user closes the box, their preference for it being closed is remembered.
- Closed: the box is closed by default, but can always be toggled open by the user.
Content block locations
For a list of all content block locations, see: Content block locations.