Good Grants allows you to create contracts which can be assigned to successful applications and signed by applicants.
Create a contract
To create a new contract template, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Content > Content blocks
- Click New content block
- Choose Contract for the Content location
- Provide a title for your contract
- Add your contract text to the Content field, employing Markdown formatting or merge fields if desired
- Click Save
Assign a contract to an application
When you're ready to assign a contract to a successful grant recipient, follow these steps:
- Go to Applications > Manage applications
- Click the name or ID of the application you want to add the contract to
- Scroll to the 'Contracts' box and click Add contract
- Open the drop-down and select your desired contract
Sign a contract
Once the contract has been saved to the application, it will add a Sign contract button to the applicant's view at Applications > My applications.
The applicant can read and sign the contract by either drawing their name using their mouse or trackpad on the Draw tab, simply typing in their name using the Type tab, or by uploading a previously created signature in the Upload tab as shown below.
A timestamp for when the contract is signed will appear in the user's profile page along with a link to a PDF of the contract.
Manage current contracts
To view a list of all active contracts, both signed and unsigned, navigate to Applications > Contracts. From this location you can also:
- Download contracts (see: Can I bulk download applications?)
- Export contracts (see: Standard exports)
- Broadcast to contract signers (see: Sending an email broadcast)
Remove a contract
- Navigate to Applications > Manage applications
- Scroll to the 'Contracts' box
- Click the overflow menu (three dots) next to the contract you'd like to delete