Nearly every area within Good Grants has a search filter available, located at the top right of the screen. Filtering can be used to narrow down a list of results to include only those that are relevant for a particular purpose. Some examples include:
- Applications > Manage applications: only applications in a particular category or only applications in progress
- Users: only users with a specific role: e.g. applicant, reviewer, chapter administrator, grant manager
- Settings > Applications > Fields: only fields which appear on a particular tab
You can also add multiple filters to narrow down results even further. The options available to filter vary depending on the location. For example, in Manage applications, options include Chapter, Category, Status, Action status, Moderation and Tags (only shows if you have tags created) whereas in Users you can filter by Role and Applications.
Here are the basic steps to filter results:
- In the search box, click Advanced
- Select which options you would like to filter by (choose as many as you like)
- Click Search
- You can now do what you like with the information. You may want to Export, send a Broadcast or Tag applications
- To clear the filter options, either click Reset or the cross next to the filter you want to remove.
Add up to three search filters
You have the ability to add your own fields to the search filter. The field types that can be added are:
- Phone number
- Radio buttons
- Text (single-line)
- Text (multi-line)
To add a field to search:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Fields
- Select the field you want to add to your filter
- At the bottom of the middle column, in the Searchable section, check the box Available in advanced search box. If the resource type is Applications, it will show on the Manage applications filter menu. If the resource type is Users, it will show on the Users filter menu
- Click Save
- Go to either Manage applications or Users (depending on the field resource type) and you will now see the field is searchable from the filter menu. If the field type is Checkbox, Radio buttons or Select there will be a drop-down menu with the available options. If the field is any other type, the field can be used as a normal search box where you type what you’re searching for.