Application fields are used to collect all of the information required for an application to be complete. Fields are added to tabs, which act as sections or pages of the application form. There is no limit to how many fields you can configure.
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Form editor
- In the top-right corner of your screen, toggle on Configuration mode
- Hover with your mouse in the position you want to add the new field and click the + icon
- In the configuration tray that appears on the right side of the page, select one of the many field type options from the Field type drop-down
- Give the field a Label (seen by applicants)
Tip: think of the field's label as a heading. This can be used to provide top-level information to applicants. More detailed information can be added using the Hint text or Help text mentioned below.
- Add a Short title to help identify the field
Note: short titles are used by grant managers to easily identify the field. Users can also see this in a warning message when a required field is left empty, so it is important that this allows applicants to quickly identify the field if necessary.
- Choose whether the field applies to all categories or some within the Categories area
- Make the field required, if desired, within the Access section
- Enable and configure conditional logic if required in the Conditional menu
For more information how to use the form editor, see our guide: Form editor.