Contributor fields are useful when the same set of information is required for every contributor. These fields can be used to gather data such as a contributor's name, email address, title, and more. For example, if your applicants need to submit information for every member in their project, you can setup fields such as first & last name, designation, role, email, etc. The same set of fields will be shown for every member they add.
Add a contributor field
Using the form editor
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Applications and click Edit form
Note: for accounts utilising multiple forms, select the form you wish to edit from the drop-down that appears.
- Ensure Configuration mode has been toggled On
- Open your contributor-type tab
- Hover your cursor inside the white box
- Click the + to create a new field
- Configure as desired using the panel that appears on the right side of the page
- From the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Applications > Fields
- Click Add field
- Choose the Contributor field radio button
- Click Next
- Give the field a Label (seen by applicants)
- Select a Tab (if more than one contributor tab is present)
- Enter a Field order to control the order of fields
- Choose the Field type and configure any field specific options
- Click Save
Skip to the :49 mark to see how to configure contributor fields.