Configure an eligibility screener
With the eligibility tab, you have the ability to configure an automated screening of an applicant's eligibility to submit an application into your program. This could be useful if applications should only be accepted from a specific group of users based on demographics, their location, or other factors of your choosing.
Once an applicant has completed the eligibility screener, their application will be marked with either the 'Eligible' or 'Ineligible' status. Eligible applications will then be able to submit the full application. Ineligible applications are locked, preventing applicants from making further edits. Follow the steps below to set up your own eligibility screener.
Configure the eligibility tab
To start the process of configuring your eligibility screener, configure an eligibility tab. While this can also be done in the Manage workspace via Settings > Applications > Tabs, this guide will show you the steps using the form editor.
- Open the Manage workspace, navigate to Applications, and click Edit form
Note: for accounts utilising multiple forms, select the form you wish to edit from the drop-down that appears.
- Click the + located with your program's tabs
- From the Type drop-down, select Eligibility
- In the Name field, provide a title for this field, such as "Eligibility" or "Qualification"
- Provide a Minimum total auto-score required when eligible
Tip: you can add in a placeholder value and edit this after configuring your auto-score fields if you're unsure of the desired score.
- If completing the remainder of the form hinges on eligibility, select the Hide other tabs until eligible checkbox
- In the Content block for eligible applications, Content block for ineligible applications, Notification for eligible applications, and Notification for ineligible applications drop-downs, choose your desired options or leave the default selections
Note: the default content blocks and notifications can be updated at any time; see: Content configuration and management and Ultimate guide to notifications. Only one content block or notification can be selected for each eligibility status.
- Under the 'Categories' heading, choose whether this tab is applicable to all categories or some categories
There is no limit to the number of eligibility tabs that your program can have configured. For example, you could have a unique eligibility tab for each of your program's categories if the requirements vary grant by grant. Your eligibility tab can also be moved to any position after the 'Start here' tab wherein an applicant must select their category and provide an application name. If the eligibility tab is the last tab, submitting the form will also submit the application if it passes the eligibility screening.
As the eligibility screener hinges on a minimum score, the creation of auto-score fields is required for this feature to function properly. To configure auto-score fields, follow the steps below. For a more in-depth guide, see: Utilising auto-score fields.
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Applications and click Edit form
- Open your eligibility tab
- Locate where you'd like to insert an auto-score field in that tab and click the + icon; see: the 'Fields' section of our Form editor article for more detailed instructions
- In the Field type drop-down, select your desired option-able field type:
- Checkbox list
- Radio buttons
- Drop-down list
- Under the 'Options' section, input your labels (what applicants interact with) and values (what the platform recognizes and considers when configuring conditional fields)
- Toggle on Auto-score
- Assign a numerical score to each value in the Auto-score field that appears
- Finish configuring the field as desired
You can configure as many auto-score fields as needed to properly vet your program's applicants.
Eligibility content blocks
By default, there are two content blocks provided by Good Grants to let your applicants know if they are eligible or ineligible to enter. These content blocks are titled 'Eligible application' and 'Ineligible application' and can be customised at any time to fit your needs. To personalise these messages:
- From the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Content > Content blocks
- Click on the content block with the 'Application eligible' or 'Application ineligible' content location
- Edit the text as needed, employing Markdown formatting if desired
As with eligibility content blocks, default eligibility notifications are provided by Good Grants. These can be edited by following the steps below:
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Settings > Communications > Notifications
- Click on the notification with the 'Application eligible' or 'Application ineligible' trigger
- Edit the text as desired, employing Markdown formatting if needed