What is the leaderboard?
The Good Grants leaderboard is your go-to resource for a birds eye view of the results of your program's reviewing. The leaderboard can be accessed in just a few clicks by simply navigating to Reviewing > Leaderboard.
What does the leaderboard include?
By default, this view will display a list of applications with their ID, name, chapter, category, and the status of your reviewers' progress in the selected score set with applications listed from highest score (or votes) to lowest. Depending on the reviewing mode employed, a column will also display with a score for Scoring reviewing, consensus for Qualifying, votes for Voting, and so on.
You can customise the list view by clicking the small cog icon and selecting additional columns to display. To find out more about searching and filtering, check out this guide: How to search and filter.
How do I use the leaderboard?
The most common use of the leaderboard is to view your "winners" or identify those applications that need to move onto subsequent reviewing rounds. To make this easier, the default ordering shows the applications from highest to lowest score, most votes to least votes, etc. You can reorder the applications by clicking on the title in the table header.
With Good Grants, the criteria for selection of shortlisting, finalists, and winners is completely flexible. It’s up to you to interpret the reviewing stage results and then apply tags to applications that record the outcome of the reviewing stage. Those tags can then control, e.g.:
- Applications that move to another reviewing stage
- Awards, like badges and certificates, that are given to applications
- Which applications may appear in galleries
Progress applications to another stage of reviewing
- Navigate to Reviewing > Leaderboard
- Click the checkboxes next to the applications that should progress to the next stage
- Click the Tag button
- Input your desired tag into the resulting field
- Click Tag
- Go to Settings > Reviewing > Panels
- Create a New panel
- In the Applications section, select the tag you just created in the Tag box—this will limit applications visible to the panel to only those applications with the specified tag
- Configure the other sections of the panel; see: Create a reviewing panel
- Click Save
How do I know that the results are accurate?
Any changes made to the reviewing panels or scoring criteria can cause a discrepancy in the scores or decisions shown to reviewers and on the leaderboard. This is quickly remedied by clicking the Recalculate button at the bottom of the page. Depending on the reviewing mode that is used, this button will vary:
- Recalculate decisions for Qualifying reviewing
- Recalculate picks for Top pick reviewing
- Recalculate scores for Scoring reviewing
- Recalculate votes for Voting
Can other users see the leaderboard?
If you would like for users other than your designated managers to see the leaderboard, you can allow this in just a few steps.
- Go to Settings > Users > Roles
- Click your desired role or select New role to create a new one
- Set the Chapters permission for Create and View to Allow
- Set the Applications(others) View permission to Allow
- Set the Scores(others) View permission to Allow
Once you've completed these steps, your selected role's users will be able to view Reviewing > Leaderboard in the navigation menu.
For more information on roles and permissions, click here.