User fields added to an account appear on the registration form (on the home/login page) and can be viewed on the user's profile settings. These fields are also included in both user and application exports. To add a user field:
- In the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Users > Fields
- Select Add field
- Select the User field radio button and click Next
- Enter a field Label (seen by applicants)
- Add a Short title to help identify the field
Tip: short titles are used by grant managers to identify the field within the platform. Applicants can also see a field's short title in a warning message when a required field is left empty, so make sure it's understandable.
- (Optional) Enter a Field order to control the order of fields
Note: user fields will always appear after the default required registration fields.
- Choose the Field type and configure any field specific options
- Choose whether the field applies to all seasons or just the active one; read more about User fields and seasons
- Select the roles the field applies to, selecting Read and Write to give access and Required if completing the field is mandatory
- Under Home page registration, you can set whether the field is displayed on Step one (the home page registration form) or on a subsequent Step two registration page (a follow-up page after a user completes step one)
Note: we recommend:
- placing fields on step two, as once a user completes step one their information is saved in the system, regardless of whether they complete step two.
- only including extra user fields on step one if they are to record acknowledgment of privacy conditions or terms and conditions before this response is saved.
- Select Data protection options based on the nature of the data being collected; see: Data protection on fields
- Check the Available in advanced search box to add this field to the search filter in the Users section if present
- Click Save
- Once saved, the field is immediately functional on the registration form.
- The field is created for the currently selected season within Settings > Applications > Fields.
- Only required fields will display on step one of registration.
- If a user had registered before a new field(s) was added, they will be prompted to complete the next time they log in.