How invitation-only applications work
Invitation-only applications are forms and/or categories that are only available to users who are selected by grant managers. Invitees receive a configurable notification providing them access to an application that is hidden from other applicants. This application appears in the Applications view of an applicant's Apply workspace as 'in progress' with the specified custom application deadline listed as shown below.
The applicant need only click on the application to start working.
Enable invitation-only forms
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Forms
- Click Create form to start a new form or click the overflow menu for an existing form and select Form settings
- In the 'Details' tab of the form settings, click the Invitation-only access checkbox
Compose the invitation notification
Upon inviting an applicant to the application, they will receive a notification to alert them that they have been invited. To create this notification, follow these steps:
- In the Manage workspace, go to Settings > Communications > Notifications
- Click New notification
- Open the Trigger drop-down and select Application invited
- Add your desired messaging, employing Markdown formatting and merge fields as needed
To learn more about notifications, check out the Ultimate guide to notifications.
To invite applicants to your invitation-only application, follow these steps.
- From the Manage workspace, go to Forms
- Click the overflow menu for an existing form and select Invite applicants
- Input the email addresses for the applicant(s) you wish to invite, separating multiple email addresses with a comma, new line, semi-colon, or colon
- Open the Role drop-down to select the role the user(s) should receive if they have not already participated in your program
- If necessary, select the Category of the for the user(s) need access to
- Type in a Message for the user
Note: this message will be added to the 'Application invited' notification configured in Settings > Communications > Notifications. See the Customising the invitation notification section below for information on creating this notification.
- Assign a Custom application deadline for this invite; to learn more about custom deadlines, see our guide: Set a custom application deadline
- When finished, click Invite applicants
Once an applicant has been invited to complete their application, that application will display in the Applications list view as 'Invited' (see below). If a custom deadline has been set, that will also be visible.