If your website is built using WordPress.org, and you have a user-base of registered users on your website, we have a WordPress plugin available that facilitates Single Sign-On— this means your registered users can log in to your Good Grants account directly from your WordPress website, without needing to register a Good Grants account.
The set-up process on your WordPress website is straightforward, but you may need input from your website developer.
- Sign into your WordPress site and go to Plugins > Add new. Search for "Award Force" then install and activate it.
- In Good Grants, go to Settings > Users > Registration
- On the right-hand side of the screen, tick Enable registration via 3rd party authentication within the 'Registration' section and the WordPress / Drupal option in the '3rd party authentication' section, then click Save.
- Go to Settings > Developers > Integration > API keys
- Click Generate API key to create a new key. Make sure it has read/write access. Copy the key.
- Within your WordPress admin dashboard, go to the Award Force menu and enter the URL of your Good Grants account, and the API key you just copied. Then click Save.
- That's it! To use the SSO you can link from any page or post in WordPress to http://my.WordPresssite.com/awardforce/sso and this will automatically sign the user into Award Force.
NB: If the user is already registered on another Award Force or Good Grants account they will have to type in their password with the first login. This is important for account security.
*Provided the email address registered matches the email address they use as a member on your WordPress site