In Good Grants, you can create parent-child relationships in categories to group like categories together and provide a more seamless experience to applicants. Doing so is easy can can be accomplished in just a few steps!
Step 1: create the parent category
- In the Manage workspace, go to Applications and click Edit form
Note: for accounts utilising multiple forms, select the form you wish to edit from the drop-down that appears.
- Hover your cursor over the Category drop-down and click the + icon
- Configure the category as desired, referencing the Category configuration article as necessary
- Click Save
Step 2: assign a category to parent category
- From the Manage workspace, go to Applications and click Edit form
- In the Category drop-down, select the category you wish to place under your parent category
- Click the settings icon
- In the resulting configuration tray, open the Parent category drop-down
- Select the category you wish to nest it under
- Click Save and repeat for the other categories as needed
Tip: if you will have several sub-categories with identical naming contentions under your parent categories, it is crucial that you assign a short code that identifies the parent category.
On the application form, the parent category list is displayed first:
Upon selection, the associated child categories are displayed: