Permanent deletion of a season
There are several reasons you may need to permanently delete a season:
- A season was created by mistake, or as a practice run/example
- Your organization has a policy of not retaining historical/archived data online
- To avoid unnecessary retention of data that is no longer needed— this may be the case for example under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if your entries/applications collect personal data; you should obtain your own legal advice in this case
What is deleted with a season?
Everything directly associated with the season being deleted is also deleted, this includes:
- Categories, all category information and sponsors
- Chapters, all chapter information and sponsors
- All application configuration including tabs, fields
- All applications, including uploads and attachments
- All reviewing data including score sets, scoring criteria, panels, assignments, scores and results
- User fields (note below, users are not deleted, but user fields on their profile are seasonal)
- Broadcasts, notifications
- All action stages and action tasks
What is not deleted with any season?
Some resources are not associated with a season, or are purposely retained, including:
- Users are retained, regardless of the season they joined in. Note however that user fields are seasonal, so the season user field content was created in will be deleted with a season delete.
- Content, including about pages, content blocks and term settings
- General settings
- Orders. Whilst orders happen during a given season, there may be a legal requirement for financial transaction information and associated invoices to be retained.
How to permanently delete a season
Note: permanent deletion can only be performed by the account owner.
- In the Manage workspace, go to Settings > General > Seasons
- Click through to the season you wish to delete
- At the top of the page is a button to Delete this season permanently...
- On the confirmation page, to avoid accidental deletion, you need to manually enter the full name of the season as confirmation of the delete
- Press the Delete button to finalize
Warning: after pressing the delete button, the deletion is immediate and permanent. There is no way to recover any of the season data.
To learn more about deleting your program's data, see our guide: Deleting your program's personally identifiable information (PII).