There are several reasons you may need to permanently delete a season:
- A season was created by mistake, or as a practice run/example
- Your organization has a policy of not retaining historical/archived data online
- To avoid unnecessary retention of data that is no longer needed— this may be the case for example under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) if your entries/applications collect personal data; you should obtain your own legal advice in this case
What is deleted with a season?
Everything directly associated with the season being deleted is also deleted, this includes:
- Categories, all category information and sponsors
- Chapters, all chapter information and sponsors
- All application configuration including tabs, fields
- All applications, including uploads and attachments
- All reviewing data including score sets, scoring criteria, panels, assignments, scores and results
- User fields (note below, users are not deleted, but user fields on their profile are seasonal)
- Broadcasts, notifications
- All action stages and action tasks
What is not deleted with any season?
Some resources are not associated with a season, or are purposely retained, including:
- Users are retained, regardless of the season they joined in. Note however that user fields are seasonal, so the season user field content was created in will be deleted with a season delete.
- Content, including about pages, content blocks and term settings
- General settings
- Orders. Whilst orders happen during a given season, there may be a legal requirement for financial transaction information and associated invoices to be retained.
How to permanently delete a season
- Go to Settings > General > Seasons
- Click through to the season you wish to delete
- At the top of the page is a button to Delete this season permanently...
- On the confirmation page, to avoid accidental deletion, you need to manually enter the full name of the season as confirmation of the delete
- Press the Delete button to finalize
To learn more about deleting your program's data, see our guide: Deleting your program's personally identifiable information (PII).