Grant managers have a variety of reasons to prevent applications from being created within a category, such as:
- You might want to continue testing newly added categories after applications have opened and not want applicants to enter it just yet
- A specific category is accepting applications for a shorter period of time than the others
- You have more applications than expected in a category and the entry period is still open
The process of closing a category to prevent applicants from seeing and selecting it is easy! Just follow the steps outlined below.
Deactivate the category
- From the Manage workspace, navigate to Applications and click Edit form
- Select your desired category from the drop-down
- Click the settings icon that appears
- Untick the Category is active checkbox
As a grant manager, you can still view this category and create a test application. When doing so you will see the category listed within the category selection dropdown, but it will be labeled as '(inactive for applicants)'. Rest assured, your applicants cannot see this category or message.
Reactivate the category
When it comes time, you can follow these steps to make the category active once again.
- In the Manage workspace, navigate to Applications and click Edit form
- Select your desired category from the drop-down; inactive categories will be marked "(inactive for applicants)"
- Tick the Category is active checkbox
For more information on categories, see our guide: Category configuration.