The 'Application name' field is a system requirement and must be completed when creating an application. This can, however, be renamed for greater relevance for your program. For example, your program may be collecting submissions or nominations and, therefore, the 'Application name' field would be better if labeled 'Submission name', or 'Nominee's name'.
There are two options allowing you to rename the 'Application name' system field label:
- Interface text override
- Category advanced setting
Interface text override
This option allows you to change the default 'Application name' label, affecting your application form regardless of the category chosen by the entrant.
To rename the 'Application name' label:
- Go to Settings > Content > Interface text
- Search for Application name
- Insert your preferred wording into the text field (i.e. what you want to replace 'Application name' with)
Category advanced setting
This option allows you to rename the 'Application name' system field but only for a selected category. This means you can have a different 'Application name' label for each category if you wish. If you only change the 'Application name' label for a small selection of your categories, then all other categories will default to either 'Application name' or your 'interface text override' if used.
To rename the 'Application' label specific to a category:
- Go to Settings > Application > Categories
- Select your category name
- Open the Advanced (tab)
- Add the value you want into the Application name label line
Before & After examples of changing the 'Application' field
|Before selecting the category||After selecting the category|