Once you have configured judging using the Setup guide > Reviewing, you can preview it before opening to the reviewers.
To do so:
- Make sure you have the reviewer role. See: Adding reviewers
- Add yourself to a reviewing Panel(s). See: Create a reviewing panel
- Refresh your browser to see the judging link(s) in the Applications menu
- If the scoring round is closed, there will be no applications to view. Click the Preview scoring button
- Select the round you want to preview and click Save
If a 'Reviewer's confidentiality agreement' content block has been selected with the score set, you will see the agreement and have to sign it, like all reviewers, before seeing the list of assigned applications.
What is best practice for testing?
It is best practice to test your reviewing setup on your test applications and not on the actual applications received by your users. The reason for this is to avoid Stray scores.
If you add scores or comments to actual applications in your program, you can remove the scores, however, they will show as Stray via Reviewing > Assignments. Stray scores will not impact your reviewing results in any way, however, they cannot be removed. This is how they look on the Assignments view: