Application fields are used to collect all of the information required for an application to be complete. Fields are added to Tabs, which are similar to sections of an application form. There is no limit to how many fields you can configure.
Add an application field
- Go to Settings > Applications > Fields
- Click Add field
- Choose Application field and click Next
- Give the field a Label (seen by applicants)
- Add a short title to help identify the field. Short titles are used by Grant managers to easily identify the field. Users can also see this in a warning message when a required field is left empty, so make sure it's understandable!
- Choose the Tab and Categories it should appear on
- (Optional) Enter a Field order to control the sequence of the field
- Choose the Field type and configure any field-specific options
- Select Data protection options based on the nature of the data being collected. Read more about Data protection on fields
- (if present) check the Available in advanced search box to add this field to the search filter in the Manage applications section
- Click Save
Pro tip: It is recommended to keep the number of fields on the first tab to a minimum because an application is only created (and the auto-save feature triggered) once the first tab is saved. If there are too many fields on the first tab, applicants may forget to save their application and lose their work. Once the application is created, it auto-saves as the applicants complete or edits the fields.
Add an application field using the Form editor
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Form editor
- In the top-right corner of your screen, toggle configuration mode to On
- Hover with your mouse in the position you want to add the new field and click the + icon
- Continue configuring field as outlined above
For detailed information see our guide: Form editor