All reviewing modes can be configured for use by non-registered users called guests. Guest functionality is only available on reviewing (which includes the Gallery mode) and when configured via a panel.
Configuring the guest role
Your account should have a guest role with no permissions by default. This special role is set by ticking the Guest account role for anonymous users checkbox in the role under Settings > Users > Roles.
Only one role on an account can be defined as being for anonymous users. All permissions except Scores (Own) for the guest role are disabled and not usable for guests.
Viewing a reviewing mode
- To activate the possibility of a guest viewing a score set's applications for reviewing, the Scores (Own) View permission is required.
- Viewing applications assigned to the guest role do not require a user account.
- The guest needs to be given the URL to the configured reviewing page, for example: Linking to it from the content block on the home page. Linking to it directly from a program marketing site or promotional material.
- The link to the reviewing score set depends on the mode and some modes need the score set slug in it, for example:
For qualifying: /entry/qualify
For voting: /entry/vote/YGgJXQpz
For top pick: /entry/pick
For scoring: /entry/judge
For galleries: /gallery/VmayxOgD
- If the guest role only has view permissions, the guest will be prompted to register an account in order to vote, score or pick, etc.
- To activate the possibility of a guest reviewing applications (voting, scoring, picking, etc), the Scores (Own) Create and Update permissions are required.
- When a guest first interacts, a user account is created for them in the background, in order to track all of their scores.
- If a guest subsequently registers, all of their scores are carried across to their new account.
- Guest user accounts do not have an account membership, and do not appear in the user's list - they are effectively hidden.
- Guests appear in progress view, matrices and exports as for example Guest dKYEZbgX