Broadcasts are a way to send an email in bulk to multiple users from within Good Grants.
- Contact in progress applications to remind users of deadlines
- Send a newsletter to your users Wondering if we should change newsletter to announcements here?
- Provide log in instructions to applicants or reviewers that have been bulk imported into the system
- Filter users by the applicant role and invite them back for a new season
- Filter by tag to send targeted communication (e.g letting applicants know that they have made it through to the next stage of the grant submission process)
To send a broadcast
- Choose the most appropriate view to Broadcast from (see below)
- Filter results
- Click Broadcast
- Write message
- Send Broadcast
Note: When configuring a broadcast, grant managers have the option of setting the sender name and a reply to address for emails. This step is important to be able to facilitate replies to broadcasts going to the client, rather than to the default firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Broadcast locations and examples
Places you can send an email broadcast from and some examples.
- Applicants with applications in progress
- Applicants with submitted applications
- Applicants in a particular chapter or category
- Applicants with applications that have been moderation approved
- Applicants with applications with specific tags
- Users with a specific user role e.g. Applicant, Reviewer, etc.
- Users with applications in the current season
- Users that have no applications in the current season
- Users with applications in an archived (previous) season
- Users that have no applications at all
- Reviewers on a particular panel
- Applicants that have moved to the next round of reviews
- Finalists or winners for a particular chapter or category
- Users with pending actions
Use case - email applications in progress
A common example is sending an email to applicants that still have applications in progress and you want to remind them to submit before the deadline. Here is how to send an email broadcast using this example:
- Go to Applications > Manage Applications
- In the search box, click on Advanced
- Under Status, choose In progress
- Click Search to view a list of all the application that are currently in progress
- Click the Broadcast button (underneath the search box)
- Compose your email and review the list of users receiving the message
- Once you’ve finished writing your email you have the option to click Review + send or Save as draft. Review + send will allow you to see the broadcast as the applicant would before you send it. If you’re happy with it click Confirm + send. Otherwise, click Back to edit to make any changes Save as draft allows you to save your email and send it at another time. To find your draft broadcasts, go to Settings > Broadcasts
You can use any of the filters to narrow down the list of users you want to contact.
Note: Broadcasts cannot be customised. Use a generic greeting like 'Hello' or 'Dear Applicant' or 'Hello Applicant' when drafting the email. Please note, a broadcast is limited to 5000 users only.
You can find a list of sent and draft broadcasts under Settings > Communications > Broadcasts
Discard a draft broadcast
- Go to Settings > Communications > Broadcasts
- Click on the title of the broadcast you want to remove
- Click Discard
For details on how to theme your broadcasts, see Theme configuration guide