Broadcasts are a way to send an email in bulk to multiple users from within Good Grants.
- Contact in progress entries to remind users of deadlines
- Send a newsletter to your users
- Provide log in instructions to applicants or reviewers that have been bulk imported into the system
- filter users by applicant role and invite them back for a new season
- filter by tag to send targeted communication
To send a broadcast
- Choose the most appropriate view to broadcast from (see below)
- Filter results
- Click Broadcast
- Write message
- Send broadcast
Broadcast locations and examples
Places you can send an email broadcast from and some examples.
- Manage applications Applicants with applications in progress; Applicants with submitted applications; Applicants in a particular chapter or category; Applicants with applications that have been moderation approved; Applicants with applications with specific tags
- Users Users with a specific user role e.g. applicant, reviewer, Chapter administrator, guest, grant manager; Users with applications in the current season; Users that have no applications in the current season; Users with applications in an archived (previous) season; Users that have no applications at all
- Progress Reviewers on a particular panel
- Leaderboard Applicants that have moved to the next round of reviewing; Finalists or winners for a particular chapter or category
- Manage reviews Users with pending reviews
A common example is sending an email to applicants that still have applications in progress and you want to remind them to submit their application before entries close. Here is how to send an email broadcast using this example:
- Go to Applications > Manage applications
- In the search box, click on Advanced. This will give you a drop-down menu to filter your entries.
- Under Status, choose In progress
- Click Search. This will give a list of all the applications that are currently in progress
- Click the Broadcast button (underneath the search box). Here you can write your email and see the list of users the broadcast will be sent to.
- Once you’ve finished writing your email you have the option to click Review + send or Save as draft. Review + send will allow you to see the broadcast as the applicants would before you send it. If you’re happy with it click Confirm + send. Otherwise, click Back to edit to make any changes. Save as draft allows you to save your email and send it at another time. To find your draft broadcasts, go to Settings Broadcasts
You can use any of the filters to narrow down the list of users you want to contact.
You can find a list of sent and draft broadcasts under Settings > Communications > Broadcasts
To discard a draft broadcast
- Go to Settings > Broadcasts
- Click on the title of the broadcast you want to remove
- Click Discard
For details on how to theme your broadcasts, see the Theme configuration guide